lichess.org
Donate

lichess mobile app (v7.12.0) is not working

Hello,

Games keep loading in home. When trying to login and I'm getting the error: "lichess.org is unreachable. Failed to fetch."

It's an android mobile phone.

Working fine in browser.

Thank you very much.

Rui
Me too, same version, same error.
But it works for my son: same version, no errors!

I also uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail...
Sigh.
Me too! I already uninstalled twice & reinstalled twice but the error still persist. But it works in my browser. I don't know what happened to the lichess app. Hope they could fix it.
lichess mobile app (v7.12.0) is not working
Hello,
Me too
Same version on android, Internet is ok!
uninstalled and reinstalled
Same error!
Defried
It's most likely the same issue everybody else is having on PCs with outdated OSs. The proper solution would be to update to Android 7.1.1 or higher but I guess that's not easy on many older devices if the manufacturer's support has ended.

Lichess is working on some potential solutions but not sure how it will turn out.

Though most likely you will start facing similar issues on quite a few other websites and potentially apps as well and such old Android versions really aren't a good idea anyway from a security standpoint. Personally, I'd install a custom ROM with a newer Android version if getting a new phone is not an option but I guess that's also not quite that simple to do.
I don't know if this problem is related to the age of the devices, but I noticed one curious phenomenon. On a tablet where the application does not work, I can go to the site in Chrome and everything is ok. But if you first open the application, and then try to go through the browser, I get an error in Chrome: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID. After that, I have to clear the browser cache to open the site again.
Perhaps this information will be helpful.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.